The Wendell Broadband Committee Mission
To facilitate the acquisition or installation of high-speed Internet to
Wendell, Shutesbury and Leverett.
- Researching technologies with an emphasis on Internet and technology
access for the schools, libraries, town halls, police and fire
departments, homebound residents, disabled residents, and seniors.
- Analyze costs and financing options by gathering information from
- Work closely with Wendell's Select Board, making recommendations to
the Board regarding providers or technologies.
- Find the solutions that will best protect the rural character and
pristine natural resources of our community.
- Find solutions that afford the most local control, affordable,
options and financially self-supporting solutions.
- Consulting with, advising, and working closely with Shutesbury /
Leverett broadband committees.
December 9, 2015 Broadband Committee Statement
The Wendell Broadband Committee is committed to working with MBI on make ready and design work. We are also equally committed to work with WiredWest on implementation of a regional network, while continuing to vet other available network options.
We encourage all parties to be flexible in working together to bring broadband to Wendell and all of Western Massachusetts.
Wendell Broadband Committee Agenda for September 2, 2015 at 7pm
The Wendell Broadband Committee will meet at the Town Offices on Wednesday September 2, 2015 at 7pm. The Agenda for this meeting is as follows:
- Approve minutes from the August 19, 2015 meeting.
- Status report: MBI and Make Ready.
- Begin Comparison of Different Plans
- Assess Data missing (if any) to continue assessment
- Question of Hiring a Consultant
- Items not reasonably anticipated 24 hours in advance
Wendell Broadband Committee Agenda for August 19, 2015 at 7pm
The Wendell Broadband Committee will meet at the Town Offices on Wednesday August 19, 2015 at 7pm. The Agenda for this meeting is as follows:
- Approve minutes from July 16, 2015 meeting.
- Approve minutes from July 23, 2015 meeting.
- In depth discussion of the various people we met with (Axia, Crocker,Fred Goldstein, Wired West, HG&E)
- Next steps: hire a consultant?
- What can be done to speed up / expedite the build?
- To transact any other legal business.
Page 1 of 9